Joseph Yobo Quits Super Eagles And Stephen Keshi Makes Sketchy Hints

Fresh report by Vanguard says the Super Eagles captain Joseph Yobo have quit the team. However it is not quite clear what Stephen Keshi has in mind regarding his future in the team.
Speaking after , the Big Boss said it was time for him to move on after leading the team to the victory at 2013 AFCON and reaching the play-off of the 2014 Mundial.
 
"I have to go back to my family and face fresh challenges."
 
Yobo, who has celebrated his 100th cap as part of the national team exactly during this world tournament, announced his leave explaining he had done everything he could for the Eagles:
 
"I think I should give the younger ones the opportunity to forge ahead. I have nothing new to offer."
Joseph Yobo
Photo: Joseph Yobo

 
UPDATE:
 
According to NAN, the Big Boss’s post-game words regarding the plans were sketchy. Keshi was asked about whether he would lead the Eagles to Morocco for 2015 African Cup of Nations, to which he replied his job was over and he would rest for about 3 months with his family.
 
"I can’t speak about any country now. I just want to be with my family. I am just going to have a deserved rest with my family and then decide what next to do thereafter".
 
Moreover, he commented spoke the expiry of his contract with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF):
 
"My contract is almost up. Nobody has called me for negotiation. One cannot stay where he is not wanted."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Us To Serve You Better By Sharing This Post And Dropping Your Comments Below

Go Social With Us Via: Facebook And Twitter For Latest Updates

How To Download Any Video From Youtube, Instagram And Others

Ever tried to download your favourite or an interesting video from youtube.com, instagram.com and others without the possibilities? You'...