As one of the most popular vegetable in Nigeria, bitter leaf (Vernonia amygdalina) contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B2.
Made popular by it's bitter taste, it is used for preparing the well-known Bitter leaf soup. This vegetable is extremely good for the body, health benefits includes:
1. Increased metabolism- This is particularly good for anyone who wants to lose weight.
2. Relieves fever and feverish conditions- Just drink the juice gotten from squeezing the leaves three times daily.
3. Reduces the blood-sugar level- Making it very good for diabetic patients.
4. Cures skin rashes, eczema, ring worms- Due to its antibiotic and antifungal properties, it can cure skin ailments.
5. Cures pile.
6. Detoxifies the body.
7. Increases breast milk production in nursing mothers.
8. Cures mild stomach ailments.
9. Acts as a worm expeller.