There are careers in Nigeria which stand miles above the rest and their take home pay is very huge.
A career is an occupation undertaken by a person for a significant period of their life with the opportunity to progress. A career is also a professiona person does regularly for a living.
Below is a list of top 10 lucrative professions in Nigeria:
1. BUSINESS: Most people have made business a career indeed. Over the years, there has been an increase in Entrepreneurship. Many have come to realise the beauty of Entrepreneurship and have ventured into it, being in the process, entrepreneurs of repute.
It is no secret that the richest people in the world today, apart from politicians are business people who have built vast business Empires for themselves. In Nigeria today, the Dangotes, the Otedolas, the Adenugas earn huge sums monthly that is more than enough to sustain them and their families.
2. POLITICS: Make no mistake about it, Nigerian politicians today earn more than some of their counterparts in the whole world. Politics in Nigeriahas seen a considerable rise in participation and this is directly proportional to them take home pay. A career in politics can guarantee one’s future. This is true when you factor out corrupt practices.
Politicians, apart from their basic salaries, take home other mouthwatering allowances that gives them financial stability.
3. FOOTBALL: The Nigerian Professional Football League has seen its fortunes turn around for the better. Prior to recent times, Nigerian players in the local league earned paltry sums but that is becoming a thing of the past as most players earn as high as between N400,000 – N800,000 monthly. Take out your calculators and do the math over a year and you will see that it isn’t so bad taking to football in Nigeria as a career.
The Nigerian entertainment industry has also seen an massive influx of talent, both locally and internationally. Entertainment in Nigeria has become a career for many, be it in music or movie making. The entertainment industry in Nigeria rakes in millions of Naira and pays those into it huge sums of money.
5. OIL AND GAS:
A career in oil and gas goes a long way to secure one financially. It is no secret that the Petroleum sector in Nigeria pay their staff robust sums of money per month. This sector is one sector many Nigerians dream of working in.
A career in Medicine in Nigeria is very respectable, especially when you are employed by the government, be it Federal or State. Medical doctors are life savers and because of the time they put in to acquire their skills, they are well respected and thus paid respectably monthly. Private hospitals need to do more to take care of their doctors as they are lagging behind their counterparts in the public sector in Nigeria.
A career in engineering goes a long way to assure one’s financial future. Most top construction companies pay engineers a huge deal to keep them happy due to the nature of their work which is sometimes dangerous.
8. LAW: The Nigerian legal profession has always been one of the best paying professions in the country. A career in law is very respectable and most Nigerian parents would really encourage their children to study law and make a distinguished career out of their lives. Being a lawyer requires serious academic commitments on the part of the students studying law.
A career in Lecturing is very good. Apart from being well paid, lecturers have time to do other businesses. Their profession gives them them the opportunity to meet with people from all walks of life.
10. PHARMACY: A career in pharmacy/pharmaceutical industry is respectable with a great take home pay. The job is nice and pharmacists will agree that it is worth it.
It worth sharing with friends, kindly use the share buttons below.