Hello, today on Health Talk, we will be talking on the health benefits of taking cucumber.
The importance of cucumber in the body can not be overlooked. It is true that most of us just take it for the sweetness most times with out know the good we are doing ourselves.
To this effect, we have make research, sort and compile this article to help know the importance of cucumber and how often to eat it. Too much of everything isn't good you know.
Below Are Top 7 Health Benefits Of Cucumber Should Know
1. It Helps In Managing Stress: Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
2. Resistance to Inflammation: Cucumbers may help to "cool" the inflammatory response in your body, and animal studies suggest that cucumber extract helps reduce unwanted inflammation, in part by inhibiting the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes (including cyclo-oxygenase 2, or COX-2).5
3. It Serves As An Anti-oxidant: Cucumbers contain numerous antioxidants, including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene. They also contain antioxidant flavonoids, such as quercetin, apigenin, luteolin, and kaempferol,6 which provide additional benefits.
For instance, quercetin is an antioxidant that many believe prevents histamine release—making quercetin-rich foods "natural antihistamines." Kaempferol, meanwhile, may help fight cancer and lower your risk of chronic diseases including heart disease.
4. It Improves The Heart Functionality: Cucumbers contain potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels. A proper balance of potassium both inside and outside your cells is crucial for your body to function properly.
As an electrolyte, potassium is a positive charged ion that must maintain a certain concentration (about 30 times higher inside than outside your cells) in order to carry out its functions, which includes interacting with sodium to help control nerve impulse transmission, muscle contraction, and heart function.
5. Helps To Freshen Your Breath:
Placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odor-causing bacteria. According to the principles of Ayurveda, eating cucumbers may also help to release excess heat in your stomach, which is said to be a primary cause of bad breath.
6. It Helps In Maintaining A Balanced Weight: Cucumbers are very low in calories, yet they make a filling snack (one cup of sliced cucumber contains just 16 calories).8 The soluble fiber in cucumbers dissolves into a gel-like texture in your gut, helping to slow down your digestion. This helps you to feel full longer and is one reason why fiber-rich foods may help with weight control.
7. They Protect The Brain: Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health.
In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline, Cucumber is important.